Must-have features for live chatting system
2020 has been a confusing year, to say the least. Everything around is changing and adapting to the ‘new normal’. Technology has played a huge part to make this transition to the digital world successful. Newer and better technologies are being introduced daily to make our lives a little easier. Major businesses and corporations also have to reinvent and adapt to accommodate the demands of the customer.
The customer service industry has taken a hit during this pandemic. People around the world are still apprehensive about in-person consultations. Providing the customer with a virtual medium and giving them a fast and high-quality experience is not easy. But the industry has introduced a new feature that provides the customer with real-time solutions and a much higher level of interaction than ever before. This new addition to the customer service department is called Live Chat.
What is Live Chat?
Live Chat is a new module added to the B2C(business to customers) service industry as an instant messaging service. It enables the customer service agent to provide the customer with prompt and efficient solutions related to the customer’s problems. A live chat session empowers the customer with a higher degree of accessibility and interaction, it gives a first-hand experience almost in real-time.
There are a lot of companies that are coming up with innovative Live Chat systems. Live Chat Directory holds a repository of all the companies offering Live Chat services free of cost. That said, there are a lot of Live Chat services that start a live chat service without proper planning and then struggle to keep up with it.
An efficient Live Chat System must be equipped with:
- Frequently Asked questions Sections: An updated and well-maintained repository of queries and answers on the customer service portal can be very beneficial to the company. It saves a lot of time and effort if the customer finds the solution in this section only.
- Tracking system: A ticketing system can be used to keep a track of all the customer entries and the queries can be answered based on the tickets issued to the customer.
- Interactive user interface: The entire layout of the chat window is probably the most crucial aspect of any live chatting service. The comfort of the customer while using it is of the utmost importance.
- Domain experts: Long term customer relationships can be build by having well-trained employees on the chat. Live Chat with 3 specializes in providing the customer with a wholesome experience that bonds the customer with the company.
- Media support: Sometimes just text is not enough, the options of sharing images and videos should be provided to the customer while using the chat feature.
These are a few of the features that are essential to any Live Chat system. But setting up this feature is just the start. A lot of companies falter in maintaining the system. It requires a lot of planning and coordination between departments. Therefore, it is not a decision to be taken lightly.
World today is at its peak when it comes to speed. Time is more precious than anything else these days. Nobody wants to spare a second more than needed on a certain job. With the ongoing pandemic and the lack of physical communication in the real world, the virtual world has to adapt to give a customer a wholesome experience and also solve the problem.
Having a properly maintained and curated Live Chat system goes a long way in building a good rapport with the customer. Higher levels of interactions and accessibility are one of the few benefits that come with it. Businesses and corporations should leverage it as much as possible. Live Chat is a huge step forward for the customer service industry and it has given the industry a new and much more efficient tool to deliver a quality experience to the customer.